Friday, 24 October 2014
Reading all of the Lush hauls that are around of late got me craving a little fix so I popped in at the weekend and came away with a few seasonal goodies. The Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar was the first thing in my basket as I just couldn't resist all that gold glitter. Containing a blend of juniperberry, lime and grapefruit oil this one packs a sweet citrus punch and turns the bath to a lovely sparkly orange bubbly delight. Bubble Bars are my favourite out of all the bath products as you get at least a few uses out of each one. As the Northern Lights Bath Bomb had sold out I decided on Shoot for the Stars instead which is a giant blue Bath Bomb with a glittery white star. This one releases multiple colours when dropped in the tub and has the sweet honey and citrusy scent of Honey I Washed The Kids. Next up, who could say no to the cute little Butterbear Bath Bomb? Although this probably isn't going to be the most visually appealing it smells of delicious vanilla and is enriched with cocoa butter so I plan on using this after a cold Winter day to nourish dry skin and just unwind. Last of all I decided to go all out Christmas with the Star Light, Star Bright Bath Melt. This little melt is loaded with glitter that covers you when you pick it up so best avoided if you don't want to sparkle! This little star turns the bath into a magical turquoise and silver splendour and contains shea butter and coconut oil to sooth and encourage super soft skin. It smells of ginger and lime so there's no surprise I picked th...
What have you been buying from Lush just lately? Any recommendations?
Sunday, 19 October 2014
The theme of this months Birchbox is "work it" and the products contained are aimed to help you get motivated and tackle whatever your days will bring. Birchbox have also partnered with CoppaFeel! to coincide with breast cancer awareness month to get you all the info you need to spot the early signs and symptoms. Fantastic idea!
So here are the contents...
- Balance Me Cleanse And Smooth Face Balm - I love trying new cleansers and always enjoy Balance Me products so I am looking forward to trying this. This balm contains oatmeal powder to gently exfoliate the skin whilst cleansing and is supposedly ideal for dry skin which will make it great for Winter.
- KMS California Tame Frizz Smoothing Lotion - This lightweight leave-in lotion is designed to detangle hair and tame and manage flyaways. I don't think I will actually use this as my hair doesn't get frizzy so I will pass this one on.
- Shaveworks The Cool Fix - This gel has been formulated to treat ingrown hairs, razor bumps and redness after hair removal. On application it feels cool and I will definitely give this a try to see if it's a product that I need.
- Pixi by Petra Shea Butter Lip Balm - This full sized product is definitely the one I was most excited about! I received 'Honey Nectar' which provides a hint of a flattering nude colour while moisturising the lips. I can see I am going to get a lot of use out of this during the cold weather months ahead.
- Meaningful Beauty Anti-Ageing Wrinkle Smoothing Capsules - I'm intrigued about these if only for the fact that I have never used any skincare in capsule form before. Created by Dr. Sebagh (?) and Cindy Crawford these capsules target fine lines for firmer, plumper, younger looking skin. I will be trying them very soon!
- Birchbox Lipstick Pen - Who doesn't want a pen in the shape of a lipstick? This little cutie is gong straight in my handbag so I may actually be able to find a pen for once.
The usual drawstring pouch has been traded in for a pink makeup bag with a zip fastener this month that will come in great for transporting bits and bobs on the go!
I really like this months Birchbox. There is only one product that I won't use but I feel that the others more than compensate for that.
Do you get Birchbox? What products did you receive this month?
Thursday, 9 October 2014
MAC's Shanghai Spice lipstick had been on my wish list for quite sometime so I finally purchased it with some Birthday money last month. Meet my new favourite everyday lipstick...
Shanghai Spice is a Cremesheen + Pearl formula so is therefore super moisturising and a breeze to apply. The appearance has a shine to it but is not glossy and if built up stays around for a decent amount of time. It is described by MAC as frosted neutral pink which may be alarming to some but there really is no 'frostiness' here. When swatching a tiny amount of iridescence can be seen in certain lights but it does not transfer to the lips. I would describe this shade as a nude pink with a smoky peach undertone that makes it warmer and much easier to wear than some of the starker nudes around that I can't carry off.
Shanghai Spice is the perfect Autumnal nude lip in my opinion and also looks great with a smoky eye when you want a more paired down lip colour. I absolutely love it and will always have one in my collection.
Have you tried Shanghai Spice? What is your go-to nude lipstick?
Sunday, 5 October 2014
September selfie | Lovely cupcakes | Mmmm | Birthday presents
Bill's | Best buds | Glamour & Chocolates | Mini liner
The best kind of packages | A lovely thank you present | The last of the Summer nails | Watch love
September was a strange old month for me with lots of highs and lows but I'll focus on the good times. It was my Birthday early on in the month and I received the most gorgeous cupcakes. Some had toffee sauce on and I could quite happily eat one on a daily basis. As Bill's is new in town I decided to go there for a Birthday lunch and the over indulgence definitely continued!
I received the most beautiful flowers as a thank you present from a customer and they were happily accompanied by a bottle of prosecco and some cream cakes that I shared with my colleagues. Mmmm.
I thought I would have one last fling with some Summery nails and chose to paint them with Barry M's Prickly Pear and Huckleberry topped off with a dose of Essie glitter. Until next year pretty pastels.
So food, wine and beauty stuff is what September was all about. Pretty good if you ask me.
What did you enjoy about September?
Tuesday, 30 September 2014
Olivia Burton Big Dial Leather Strap Watch | Dorothy Perkins Necklace
Lemon Bon-Bon Beauty Trio | The White Company Seychelles Bath & Body Set | MAC Pro Palette | Dorothy Perkins Silver Necklace Trio
Primark Gold Detail Clutch
It's been a while since I have done a haul post so as it was my birthday a few weeks ago and I have also done a bit of shopping I thought that it was high time I featured one!
I have been lusting after an Olivia Burton watch for an eternity and after a brief encounter with the Midi Dial size (I decided it was too small) I finally settled on the Big Dial in black and gold. I was worried that it was going to be too big but the size is actually perfect and works very well on a day to basis.
After working my way through two pairs of the Primark Birkenstock style sandals this Summer I was over the moon to receive my very own pair of the real deal for my birthday. I chose the Madrid style rather than the ever popular Arizona's as I actually prefer the single strap on my feet. With the nice weather that we have been having lately I have got quite a bit of wear out of them already and I will definitely be taking them on holiday with me next month.
I have been looking for a perfect biker jacket for a long time and surprisingly came across this one in M&S so my Dad bought it for my birthday. I have worn it loads already along with the ever versatile blacked checked Zara shirt. I love them! Although pretty boring to photograph I thought the jeans were worth a quick mention too! I live in skinny's and these jeans from Next are among the comfiest I have ever tried. Like the Topshop Leigh jeans but just a bit sturdier and a fraction of the price.
I will let the photos do the talking for the rest of the lovely things and I will be sure to pop up a post on my new MAC quad very soon.
PS. How cute is that bee mug?!
What have you been buying recently?
Have a great week!
Saturday, 20 September 2014
- Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream - I really enjoy receiving eye cream samples as they generally last such a long time as only a tiny amount is needed. I did try this at a friends and wasn't actually wowed by it but I am hoping after using it continuously for a while my opinion will change. Cute little pot though.
- Model Co Lip Lacquer in Viva - This month Birchbox sent an email round asking you to choose one of three Model Co products for their September box. I quite liked this little touch and I chose this gloss in Viva as I was attracted to the pretty peachy pink colour. I like the fruity smell of this and after a quick try the formula doesn't feel too sticky. Yet another lip product to pop in my handbag.
- Korres Citrus Shower Gel - Although I actually prefer creamy body washes this smells really fresh and I will definitely take it away on holiday with me next month along will the complementing Korres Body Milk I received a couple of months ago.
- Skin & Co Truffle Therapy Serum - This smells amazing and just like coconut so that's a good sign. I am interested to try it out soon but with serum samples it's the remembering to use them that is the hard part...
- Agave Healing Oil Treatment - I use hair oil daily so this little bottle is a welcome addition. My hair is heavily highlighted so I always use a good oil to give the ends some life and movement so I'm hoping this one does the trick.
- Urban Fruit Magnificent Mango & Happy Days Photo Clip - I wasn't sure about the baked mango but it was delicious! Anything healthy that tastes like sweets is a winner in my book. As for the photo clip, I can remember having these in my bedroom as a teen so I will probably get rid.
I really like this box and can't say I am disappointed with any of the products but I must remember to use them...
What did you think of this months Birchbox? Did you get anything different?
Monday, 15 September 2014
This Summer I started adding to my collection of highlighters in a bid to get a healthy subtle glow and this began with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade.
Lightscapade is a baked pressed powder and my version is housed in the new packaging which is still the classic black and clear plastic but now with a smaller circle window offset in the lid. I feel that it is a lot sturdier but still prefer the appearance of the old packaging. Lightscapade is described by MAC as a "soft candlelight beige with multi-dimensional shimmer" and I along with others agree that this is the perfect highlight for paler skin. Each product is individually veined with blue, subtle coral and pale pink set in an overall light gold beige base that when swirled together creates a beautiful neutral glow to the skin. I like to use the Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply it to the top of my cheekbones and use the excess lightly on the centre of my nose and chin. The powder feels smooth to apply and is finely milled, without any prominent chunks of glitter. I do like to go in quite light handed though as I do feel it could be quite easily overdone. The wear time on me is a few hours but I really think this would depend on your base and skin type, mine has been quite oily over the Summer months.
I really do enjoy Lightscapade but think it will be a better highlight for me in the Winter months when I am a lot paler as I feel it will sit a lot better with my colouring. It is a truly gorgeous product to add to your collection though and I know that it will last me for a long time.
Have you tried Lightscapade? What is your favourite highlight?